Lady Bits: 8 Habits of Self-Loving Women | Self Care Rituals Make You Feel Better | Serena’s At It Again| & More
Here’s this week’s Lady Bits news from around the ‘Web. It’s been a while since we did one of these round-ups. Who else needed a dose of a badassery this Tuesday? Get yer fix here, then go dominate your Tuesday. Yah! #LadyBits
- Over at Huff Post Women, Rachael Yahne has shared the 8 Habits of Happy, Self-Loving Women, which includes gems like ‘They ask “how do I feel about myself?” — and they ask it often’ (TROOF). If every time someone mentions self-love at a cocktail shindig and you’re all, “Whuuuuuu?” this list is for you. If you need a refresher because it’s Tuesday which is a close cousin of Monday and Friday is a lifetime away, this list if for you. And for an extended list (14 in total), head over to Rachael’s site, HerAfter.com.
- In today’s Lenny Letter (have ya’ll not signed up for that yet???), Kat Cole, a group president at Focus Brands, tells us about the worst time in her career. She had just assumed the role of president of Cinnabon — at 32! — and was afraid to step on toes. “I had this classic moment where I said to myself, ‘Who am I to question them?'” — we can all relate, right? No matter what your role is, sometimes that self-doubt creeps in and you crap out. Sign up for the newsletter to read Kat’s story, what she learned and how she was able to make it a positive.
- Revlon and Fordham University partnered up on a study to see if a ritual of self-care could boost self-esteem. Turns out — gasp — there IS a correlation. There’s also a really neat video campaign that goes along with the study, and it made us cry.
- Serena Williams is dominating another arena of sports today, as she was named Sports Illustrated’s 2015 Sportsperson of the Year. This is the first time a woman has held this title in THIRTY-TWO YEARS (since 1983). We’re not shocked. Congrats, Serena!
- Melanie Griffith gives you yet another script to use to deal with the body-shaming Instagram haters.